The demand for user-friendly design tools has skyrocketed. Both Canva and VistaCreate have emerged as leading platforms in this space, offering a plethora of features to simplify the design process for professionals and novices alike. Founded in 2012, Canva aims to democratize design with its extensive range of templates and design elements. On the other hand, VistaCreate, initially known as Crello, has carved its niche by focusing on small businesses and individual creators.
With Canva boasting over 250,000 free templates and VistaCreate offering more than 150,000, the competition is fierce. While Canva’s Pro plan comes at $12.99 per month, VistaCreate offers its Pro version for $9.99 per month. Both platforms have their unique selling points, strengths, and weaknesses, making the choice between the two far from straightforward. Let’s dig deeper to understand how they stack up against each other.
Overview of Canva VS VistaCreate (Formerly Crello)
Canva has been a table-turner since its inception. With over 135 million monthly active users, it’s evident that the platform has struck a chord with the masses. The mission was clear from the start: make design accessible to everyone, regardless of their skill level. This Australian-based company has indeed made significant strides in achieving that goal.
VistaCreate, although not as old as Canva, has its roots deeply embedded in the design community. Initially launched as Crello, the platform underwent a rebranding to expand its services and target a broader audience. While Canva aims for universal design accessibility, VistaCreate focuses more on small businesses and individual creators. This focus is evident in their template offerings, which are tailored to meet the specific needs of this demographic.
Pros and Cons
|Extensive template library||Higher cost for Pro plan|
|75+ million premium assets||Limited customization in free plan|
|Advanced AI features like Magic Write and Canva Assistant||Some premium elements require additional purchase|
|Robust team functionalities||May be overwhelming for beginners due to numerous features|
|Priority customer support||Limited third-party integrations|
|Competitive pricing for Pro plan||Fewer templates compared to Canva|
|Unique features like Background Remover and Logomaker||Limited advanced team collaboration features|
|Direct social media posting and scheduling||No AI-powered design or text assistance|
|Version history saves up to 15 versions per project||User interface may require a learning curve|
|Unlimited storage in Pro plan||Limited customer support in free plan|
|Free Plan||5 GB storage, limited features||5 downloads per month, limited features|
|Pro Plan||$12.99/month or $119.99/year||$9.99/month or $7.99/month if billed annually|
Canva and Crello Pro Plan Features
- Magically Resize Designs: A feature that automatically adjusts your designs to different dimensions.
- 75+ Million Premium Assets: Includes stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics.
- Custom Fonts and Colors: Upload your brand-specific fonts and set color palettes.
- Unlimited Storage: Store an endless number of photos and design assets.
- Team Functionalities: Advanced features for team collaboration and template sharing.
- Priority Support: Faster customer service response times.
- Animated GIFs: Export your designs as animated GIFs for added flair.
- Transparent Background: Download designs with a transparent background for versatile use.
VistaCreate (Formerly Crello) Pro
- 70M+ Creative Assets: A massive library of photos, videos, and vectors.
- Direct Social Media Posting: Post directly to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Background Remover: Remove backgrounds from images with a single click.
- Logomaker: Create unique logos within minutes.
- Version History: Saves up to 15 versions per project for easy tracking.
- Unlimited Brand Kits: Store multiple brand kits with colors, logos, and fonts.
- HD Download: Download your projects in the highest possible quality.
- Team Account: Collaborate with up to 10 team members on design projects.
When it comes to templates, both platforms offer an impressive array. Canva takes the lead with over 250,000 free templates. These cover a wide range of categories, from social media posts to presentations and letters. This extensive variety serves as a significant time-saver and provides ample inspiration for users who might be stuck in a creative rut.
VistaCreate, although trailing behind Canva in numbers, offers more than 150,000 templates templates. What sets them apart is the inclusion of animated designs, a feature that’s becoming increasingly popular in digital marketing. These animated templates add an extra layer of engagement, making them ideal for social media posts and marketing materials.
- Custom Uploads: Allows users to upload their elements, offering a high level of customization.
- Drag-and-Drop: Intuitive drag-and-drop interface for easy element placement.
- Search Functionality: Efficient search options to quickly find the design elements you need.
- Premium Elements: Offers a range of premium elements that can be purchased individually.
- Background Remover: Unique feature that isolates subjects from their backgrounds in images.
- Text Effects: Offers text effects like shadow, outline, and opacity.
- Categorized Elements: Design elements are neatly categorized for easier access and navigation.
- Free and Paid Options: A mix of free and premium elements to suit various design needs.
Canva shines with its real-time collaboration, allowing multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously. This is complemented by a range of sharing options, including shareable links, direct social media posting, and multiple download formats like PNG, JPG, and PDF. Additionally, Canva allows users to directly email their designs to collaborators, making the sharing process incredibly seamless.
VistaCreate, on the other hand, focuses on direct posting capabilities to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, eliminating the need to download and then upload designs. The platform also offers a team account feature, where up to 10 members can collaborate, albeit without real-time editing. Unique to VistaCreate is the Social Media Scheduler, allowing users to plan their posts in advance. The platform also provides HD download options and the ability to share templates with team members. While not as advanced as Canva’s sharing features, VistaCreate’s options are practical and user-friendly.
What’s Best For You?
- Small Businesses: Canva’s team functionalities make it ideal for small businesses looking to maintain brand consistency.
- Educators: The platform offers educational templates, making it a go-to for teachers and students alike.
- Freelancers: With unlimited storage and a plethora of premium assets, freelancers can create varied and high-quality work.
- Digital Marketers: The direct social media posting and scheduler features are invaluable for digital marketing.
- Startups: The Logomaker and unlimited brand kits make it easier for startups to establish their brand.
- Individual Creators: With features like Sticker Maker and Background Remover, individual creators can add unique touches to their projects.
Choosing between Canva and VistaCreate boils down to your specific needs. If you’re looking for a platform with a more extensive range of templates and a user-friendly interface, Canva might be the right choice. On the other hand, if you’re on a budget and need advanced features like direct social media posting and a logomaker, VistaCreate could be more up your alley.
Both platforms offer robust features that cater to a wide range of design needs. Canva’s Magic Write and Canva Assistant provide AI-powered assistance that can speed up the design process. VistaCreate’s Styles feature and Social Media Scheduler offer added convenience for specific tasks.